Nendoroids are adorable collectible figurines that have gained popularity among collectors and fans of Japanese anime and manga. While they are generally durable, Nendoroids can get dirty or sticky over time and may require some cleaning to maintain their appearance. In this post, we will go over the best way to wash a Nendoroid and take care of it so it stays in top condition.
How to Clean a Nendoroid:
- Start by gathering your supplies: a small bowl of warm water, a mild dish soap or detergent, a soft cloth or sponge, and a toothbrush or small brush.
- Rinse the Nendoroid under warm water to remove any loose dirt or dust.
- Mix a small amount of mild dish soap or detergent with the warm water in the bowl.
- Dip the cloth or sponge into the soapy water and gently scrub the Nendoroid, paying special attention to any areas that are particularly dirty or sticky.
- Use the toothbrush or small brush to scrub any hard-to-reach areas or to remove any stubborn dirt or grime.
- Rinse the Nendoroid under warm water to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the Nendoroid thoroughly with a soft cloth, paying special attention to any crevices or joints.
How to Remove Stickiness from a Nendoroid:
If your Nendoroid has become sticky, it is likely due to exposure to heat or humidity. To remove stickiness from a Nendoroid, follow these steps:
- Gently scrape off any excess stickiness using a toothbrush or small brush.
- Mix a small amount of baking soda and warm water in a bowl to create a paste.
- Apply the paste to the sticky areas of the Nendoroid and let it sit for about 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse the Nendoroid under warm water to remove the paste.
- Dry the Nendoroid thoroughly with a soft cloth.
Tips for Taking Care of a Nendoroid:
- Avoid exposing your Nendoroid to extreme heat or humidity, as this can cause stickiness or warping.
- Handle your Nendoroid gently and avoid applying too much force when posing or moving it.
- Store your Nendoroid in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep your Nendoroid out of reach of pets and children to prevent accidental damage.
By following the steps outlined above, you can easily clean and take care of your Nendoroid to ensure it stays in top condition. With proper care, your Nendoroid will continue to be a beloved addition to your collection for years to come.